Game Update: Version 1.3.3

Darkmyre

• Developers

Updates

• CEO's can now set a cap on the number of NPC's that can work for their company each day. Once this limit is reached, existing NPC employees will be unable to work, and other NPC's will no longer accept job offers. Maximum NPC shifts defaults to 10, and can be adjusted via the Edit Company button in the CEO Manager. Daily NPC shift quotas reset at DayChange (Midnight UTC).
  • NPC's no longer consume job offer slots. A company must still have suitable job offers with available slots for an NPC to accept a job.
  • NPC's now gain additional discontent if they are unable to work for any reason, increasing the chance they will quit their job and move regions.

Bug Fixes

• Major code cleanup. Many minor bug fixes/code optimizations across the site.
  • Fixed an issue causing error messages to not always render properly when trying to consume books.
  • Cleared outdated avatar info from citizen accounts. Avatars are now handled exclusively through the forums - you must link your game/forum account, and then simply set your avatar here and it will sync to the game.
  • Fixed an error preventing CEO's from seeing the performance stats of their NPC workers.
  • Fixed a bug preventing CEO's from seeing more than the last 7 shifts of a worker, instead of all shifts in the last 7 days.
  • Fixed a bug allowing NPCs to work with 0 health/happiness. NPCs will now only attempt to work if they have at least 50 happiness and 25 health.
  • Fixed a bug breaking most of the Housing page.

View full release

• Applause 1

• Developers

I've just identified a configuration error that has caused several backend scripts to fail since the move to the new server. This has affected several things including elections, law proposals, sporting events, daily raffle and several maintenance scripts (primarily statistics updates). This has been fixed, and any backlogged tasks should clear over the next 24 hours.

Regarding elections, there will be significant changes to the election module in game version 1.4, expected later this month. When this update is released, a fresh election cycle will commence for all elected roles. More details will be posted on how this will work in the coming week.

• 1 month later...
  • Developers
5 minutes ago, darki said:

thanks for fix 🙂

btw when I wrote the comment it was again ''hidden'' although it was not the first

Yeah I'm not really sure why that happened. I've double checked the permissions, and content should only be hidden for users in the New Members group. I guess it's possible it was held for approval due to the URL, but I can't remember seeing any option for that.

I removed my avatar from the forum but he stayed in the game, is there any sync address or does it happen automatically after some time period

• Developers
5 minutes ago, darki said:

I removed my avatar from the forum but he stayed in the game, is there any sync address or does it happen automatically after some time period

It wasn't setup to sync removing avatars. I've fixed that oversight, it should sync up next time you login to the game.

• Like 1

there is no option to withdraw money from companies, bots buy tickets and fuel up to zero....

edit: armor left 2 total of all tier

Edited by darki

• Developers

Click on the currency you'd like to withdraw in the Company Cash widget. A changelog should be up either later tonight or sometime tomorrow outlining this and other recent changes.

• Administrators

I was just looking for the way to set the cap for NPC workers but I can't find it, can you point me there Xav?

• Developers
1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

I was just looking for the way to set the cap for NPC workers but I can't find it, can you point me there Xav?

CEO Manager -> Edit Company -> "Max NPC Shifts Per Day".

Currently you might still end up with (many) more than that employed by your company, but only that many of them will be able to work on any given day. There's currently an issue where they'll take a job even if they're not able to work (due to low health etc).

• Administrators

Ah thanks man, a question though, so is this a cap on the shifts or the number of workers now? Or sorta both?

• Developers
4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Ah thanks man, a question though, so is this a cap on the shifts or the number of workers now? Or sorta both?

Sorta both in some respects, but mechanically it only limits the number of times NPC's can work for you each day. It's possible to have more NPC workers than you're allowing shifts - but then, the NPC's who aren't able to work will get unhappy and eventually move to a different region (currently this is the only thing that'll cause an NPC to leave their job).

1.4 changelog is still coming sometime this week. IRL is extremely chaotic for me at the moment though so I'm not sure how much longer it'll be.

• Administrators

No prob m8, ok sounds good, though perhaps we will need some more exact caps, I'm thinking of the human players.
Say I want to employ 3 humans no more no less, for that we'd need to be able to set either the number of npcs or humans?

• Developers
11 hours ago, Zoltan said:

No prob m8, ok sounds good, though perhaps we will need some more exact caps, I'm thinking of the human players.
Say I want to employ 3 humans no more no less, for that we'd need to be able to set either the number of npcs or humans?

If you only want to employ 3 humans (without considering NPC's), you'd just set 3 job vacancies like normal and set the NPC shift cap to whatever. If you ONLY want to employ 3 humans (and no NPC's), you'd list 3 job vacancies like normal, and set the "max NPC shifts" to 0.

• Like 1

government - finance log

16-06-2021    NPC Sales Tax    -461.029    BGN

12-06-2021    NPC Sales Tax    -6853.4513024998    BGN

omg now in the vault shows  -2,912.55 BGN   I can't use the industry budget because the money just disappeared

I removed the offered ones vbx for bgn from money market because even if someone buys, bgn will simply disappear

also in battles if I have 3 jets (60 strikes) if I use only 20(1 jet) the others disappear or remain only 20(1 jet)

I can't put tickets or fuel  on the market because they are simply bought to zero, the same with armor

Edited by darki

• Developers
21 hours ago, darki said:

government - finance log

16-06-2021    NPC Sales Tax    -461.029    BGN

12-06-2021    NPC Sales Tax    -6853.4513024998    BGN

omg now in the vault shows  -2,912.55 BGN   I can't use the industry budget because the money just disappeared

I removed the offered ones vbx for bgn from money market because even if someone buys, bgn will simply disappear

also in battles if I have 3 jets (60 strikes) if I use only 20(1 jet) the others disappear or remain only 20(1 jet)

I can't put tickets or fuel  on the market because they are simply bought to zero, the same with armor

NPC Sales Tax is a known issue - the bug itself has been fixed, but it'll be at least another 20 hours from this post before I have time to refund the bugged money (for details: NPC Sales Tax - Bug Tracker - Virtual Nations (vnations.net))

I can look at the jet issue and NPC purchases around then too (you may need to bump this if I haven't updated you this time tomorrow).