Upcoming Changes To Political Module - Congress Elections Suspended

Darkmyre

• Developers

As mentioned several months ago, big changes are coming to the political module. The first of these changes will be rolled out later this month, replacing the outdated Congress system. To prepare for these changes, this month's Congress elections have been suspended, and will be replaced with the new system later in the month. To ensure nations can continue to function in the interim, all existing members of Congress will retain their position until the new system goes live.

Under the new system, players will have the ability to nominate themselves for the title of Governor of their preferred region. Initially, Governor positions will only be available in 'original' regions, but will likely be extended to conquered regions in a future update. To nominate yourself as a potential Governor, you will need to have a positive Patriotism score for the nation, have held citizenship for at least 30 days, and have a home (any tier) within the desired region. More details will be posted about how the new system will work over the coming week.

• Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

It is now possible for players to nominate themselves for the first round of Governor elections via the new Governor page, accessible from the Politics menu. The first Governor elections will likely be held on or around November 5th.

The new system is quite different from the previous Congress elections, as this introduces NPC voting for the very first time. When nominating yourself as Governor, you will be asked to select one of four Pledges to make to residents of the region (the available pledges will be expanded on over time). Each NPC is a member of several 'Demographics' groups, which simulates their overall values and beliefs. Each Pledge will be seen as either Positive or Negative by various Demographics. On voting day, NPCs will consider the candidates pledges and how they appeal to their specific Demographics, and vote for the candidate with the highest appeal to them. NPC's can also choose not to vote, should there be no candidate that appeals to them, and so an uncontested election is no longer a guaranteed win.

Each player now also has a Demographic Appeal score, that will initially be set by their first pledge. Moving forward, various in-game actions will affect these scores positively or negatively, and future elections will take the sum of a players actions (since the system's introduction) into account. While most of the actions that influence these scores will be Political (e.g., proposing or voting on laws), some other actions (e.g. military service) may impact scores for some demographics.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Darkmyre said:

Stupid me forgot to actually unlock the Governors Office so people could nominate. It is now open, and Governor elections will be held on the 26th

it says to me ''Feature Disabled''
760698084__2022-11-20_14-18-51.thumb.png.d764a1fe4af8ba21458c284c0a0d966d.png

edit: maybe it doesn't work for me because I'm the president?

Edited by darki

• Developers
15 hours ago, darki said:
it says to me ''Feature Disabled''
760698084__2022-11-20_14-18-51.thumb.png.d764a1fe4af8ba21458c284c0a0d966d.png

edit: maybe it doesn't work for me because I'm the president?

I guess it helps if I actually upload the file 🤦‍♂️

Should work now. President can currently run for Governor also, this may (probably will) change once the President system is overhauled.

• 2 months later...
  • Developers

The first Governor elections have now occurred, and elections will now be held on the 25th of each month. I am still working on adding a way to view the results of the election, and there may be issues with Governors making law proposals.