Game Update: Version 1.3.2

Darkmyre

• Developers

Updates

• Updated the layout of the CEO page, to make more commonly used actions easier to access.
  • Began adding Discord WebHooks to the game engine. Certain game actions (such as Uprisings) will now trigger discord messages on the official vNations discord.
  • Updated the region page to the new UI style, making more information more easily available.
  • War Reports on the region page will now only show battles started within the last 90 days.
  • Players who have their discord connected on the forum will now receive automatic access to the private chat for their nation on the official vNations discord.
  • Doubled the rate of AP generation, to +1 AP every 6 minutes. Player feedback is encouraged as we tweak the AP rate in this and future updates.
  • Started updating the UI of the Battlefield, although there's still more work to be done here.
  • Increased the minimum food/drink on the market for NPC purchases to 100 due to player feedback. Please continue to provide feedback if this continues to affect player options so it can be further tweaked.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing most random events to never trigger.
  • Fixed a bug causing Power to be removed from the market if there have been no sales for 14 days. (This old 'feature' was previously removed from all other industries, but was still affecting Power).
  • Fixed a bug preventing CEO's from firing NPC workers.

Known Issues

• 520 errors are still occurring. We are well aware of how annoying these are, and are continuing to investigate this ongoing issue. Recent changes may result in a blank white page being displayed instead of the CloudFlare 520 error.

View full release

Increased the minimum food/drink on the market for NPC purchases to 100 due to player feedback. Please continue to provide feedback if this continues to affect player options so it can be further tweaked.

100 is the total limit of all tiers(food or beverage) on the market not 100 per tier

if it is difficult to make a limit 100 per tier, why not just make the limit 300

Edited by darki

• Developers

It was a little tricky, because the NPC's look for any tier they can use. For example if an NPC is at 98 health, they'll waste part of a T3 food, so they check the market for any T1/T2. I've updated the limit check so it takes this range into account - so in this example, there'd need to be at least 200 food (in either T1 or T2). This should generally result in the NPC's respecting tier limits properly, although there may be some instances where an NPC may eat a T1 food, despite there being less than 100 T1 food (but only if they're looking for more than T1, T1 is the cheapest, and there's more of other tiers).

• Developers

There'll be no update this week. I'm still working on things in the background, but it'll be next week before the next update is officially posted.

I encountered an old bug, I work in spice company (2pp for 1 spice) I have productivity something around 570pp get around 285 spice which is normal  but in the region  are disappearing 570 spice this bug was fixed  but it seems to have reappeared now probably the same is with saltpeter companies

btw sometimes when I clicked the work button once it turns out I worked 2 or3 times with one click sometimes the same is with military training

Edited by darki

• Developers
On 4/22/2021 at 10:06 PM, darki said:

I encountered an old bug, I work in spice company (2pp for 1 spice) I have productivity something around 570pp get around 285 spice which is normal  but in the region  are disappearing 570 spice this bug was fixed  but it seems to have reappeared now probably the same is with saltpeter companies

btw sometimes when I clicked the work button once it turns out I worked 2 or3 times with one click sometimes the same is with military training

That's not actually a bug. Since the last RM update, the PP of any RM essentially shows its "rarity" - it takes 2 spice "in the ground" to produce 1 usable spice. Rarity is probably not the right word here, maybe difficulty is more accurate, but hopefully you get my meaning.

Regarding the double-click issue, this is a long standing bug that I haven't been able to isolate yet. A few people have reported it from time to time, I can never reproduce it, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to browsers being used or anything else. I'm not even really sure how to troubleshoot an issue like this to be honest.

Over the next few days, we will be migrating the website and game to a new server. During this time, the game and/or website may be inaccessible for periods of time. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

it will be good to have part of this message visible on the page when someone tries to log in  or when he sees a blank page

Edited by darki
  • Like 1

• Developers
2 minutes ago, darki said:

it will be good to have part of this message visible on the page when someone tries to log in  or when he sees a blank page

Good point...although the game is now running on the new server, transfer went a lot smoother than expected. I'll move the forums over after getting some sleep.